Craft the Right Voice for Your Story!
ABOUT THIS INTENSIVE:
In this intensive, you'll learn how to craft a voice that merges your signature strengths with the type of story you want to tell.
Carter gives detailed explanations of how your choice of perspective, sentence structure, and words influence the voice of your story.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
Lesson 1: What Even Is Voice Anyway?
- Identify Your Primary Reader
- Identify Your Storyteller
- Diversify Your Reading
- Examine Your Signature Authorial Voice
Lesson 2: The Technicalities of Voice
- Determine Your Story's Perspective
- Explore POV Options
- Choose a Tense
Lesson 3: The Emotional Responsibility of Voice
- Evoke Emotion with Words
- Improve Word Choices and Sentence Structure Connect Your Thematic Goals to Your Voice
- Match Your Sounds to Your Story