Develop Your Story and Revise with Vision, Using a Picture Book Dummy
ABOUT THIS COURSE
In one of our most popular, foundational courses, you'll learn how to make a picture book dummy! Arree will cover story basics, visual storytelling, pacing, and revision. This course is not just for illustrators. Using a dummy is a not-so-secret tool for improving your writing.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to Thumbnail Your Story
- What Makes a Great Story
- How to Make a Dummy
- Page Turns and Pacing
- How to Convey Emotion Through Background Color and Typography
- How to Submit Your Manuscript or Dummy
THIS COURSE IS PERFECT FOR
- Beginner writers who have a manuscript the first draft completed.
- Intermediate writers who need to visualize the balance of illustrations and words.
- Advanced writers evaluating heart, hook, and the "it-factor"