Submit Your Story With Confidence
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Learn how to make your submission stand out (in a good way!) with our favorite set of Chronicle Book editors. Ariel and Melissa will cover honing your story skills, revising your story, how to submit, and how to hook agents and editors with your submission.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Hone Your Story Skills & Revise Your Story with Melissa and Ariel
- How to Hook Editors, Book Sellers, and Readers
- How to Make Submissions Stand Out
- How to Submit Confidently with a Plan
THIS COURSE IS PERFECT FOR
- Intermediate level writers with multiple manuscripts at hand to polish
- Advanced writers ready to make their submission stand out
- Illustrators who want to work on illustration consistency and how to get discovered.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTORS
Ariel Richardson is an Editor in Children's at Chronicle Books in San Francisco. She primarily edits picture books and board books, working on titles like What Color Is Night?, Like the Moon Loves the Sky, and A to Z Menagerie. She loves books with a global perspective, books about religious literacy and intersectionality, books that celebrate the power of the imagination, and books that push the boundaries of traditional bookmaking. She’s a children’s bookseller in her spare time and has a master’s degree in Children’s Literature from Simmons College.
Melissa Manlove is a senior editor at Chronicle Books. She acquires both non-fiction and fiction. Melissa looks for fresh takes on familiar topics, as well as the new and unusual.