Get That Idea Out of Your Head and Write Your Manuscript!
ABOUT THIS COURSE
Learn how to make better word choices and fine-tune the readability of your picture books. Jim will teach you how you can build a story with setups and pay-offs and how to make a story emotionally satisfying.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Write a Great Story in Manuscript Form
- How to Edit Your Own Manuscripts
- Leave Room for the Illustrator, While Still Creating a Great Story
- Build a Story with Setups and Pay-offs
- How to Make a Story Emotionally Satisfying
THIS COURSE IS PERFECT FOR
- Beginner writers in need of an idea.
- Intermediate writers perfecting the art of revision.
- All levels looking to create more space for illustrations.
- Illustrators who are interested in crafting their own stories.
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTOR
Jim Averbeck recently moved to Colorado, after spending many years in San Francisco, California. His first book, In a Blue Room, was a Charlotte Zolotow Honor book. His popular books, Except if and Oh No, Little Dragon! feature charming protagonists with pointy teeth.
His picture book, The Market Bowl, and his middle-grade novel, A Hitch at the Fairmont, were Junior Library Guild Selections. One Word From Sophia, was an Indie Next Top 10 pick for Summer 2015.
Spy agencies can find Jim online at jimaverbeck.com.